Shrewsbury House was founded in 1903 by masters from Shrewsbury School, and over 100 years later links between the Club and the School remain strong.
- The Headmaster and three members of staff sit on The Shewsy’s Board of Management.
- The Shewsy continues to play a central role in the life of the School’s Sixth Form. Every year, four groups of students from the Lower Sixth spend a couple of days in the club, working with the young people and learning about life in the inner city, social care, crime and justice and Liverpool’s great maritime tradition. The students leave changed, having worked and learned hard and had a wonderful, broadening time. These trips are very popular.
- Every May, a large group from Shrewsbury House spends the weekend at the School, and over the years good relationships have been fostered.
- Shrewsbury House is still heavily reliant on other funds it raises and on donations from Salopians.
- In addition to the regular school fundraising for The Shewsy, the School comes together every five years to take part in an 18-mile Sponsored Walk as a major fundraising event. The most recent walk took place on 22nd September 2016 – read the report here.