Chair of Management Committee, John Hutchison writes:
As we look back over the last year, I want to start by thanking you. Your kindness and support has made such a difference to us.
- For part of the last year, much of the club building has been surrounded by scaffolding as we progressed our urgent roof works. It was a gift; a gift from an old club member who looks back on his time in the club with gratitude.
- Our first venture into the recent Big Give Christmas appeal produced a multitude of gifts, big and small in the form of donations and pledged financial support.
- Several retail giants have recently produced a variety of goods gifted to the club’s programme and refurbishment of our building.
- Some of you uphold us in your thoughts and prayers.
- We have a team of volunteers who offer their time freely in club, night in night out.
- Many of you have standing orders with the club that make up the bedrock of our donated income.
- And in days when it is rare to find any strength in the management of youth clubs, our Board of Management can and does draw on the skills and work from a team of fifteen.
To quote from a recent letter from our Mayor in Liverpool
Shrewsbury House has been at the very heart of the Everton community for generations; changing people’s lives, inspiring our children and young people and giving them a place to feel supported and safe. Celebrating 116 years is testament to your outstanding work and I hope you all know how grateful I am, as is the whole City Council, for all you do. I know this is a challenging time and I want to thank you for all you are doing in difficult circumstances.
The Shewsy club is a special place and widely acknowledged as such. Please find out about our activities this year in our latest Annual Report.